We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale - trillions of data points per day — providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
You will Lead the Privacy Operations team at Datadog.
The Privacy Ops team is the front line for Datadog’s privacy organization. A Lead Privacy Analyst in this role will provide leadership and subject matter expertise, while managing the day to day responsibilities of the team. Members of the team interact directly with our customers and translate customer privacy and compliance requirements into the overall Datadog Compliance program. Your team will support the Sales, Support, and Legal organizations in the procurement phase and ongoing vendor management program by responding to customer privacy questionnaires, audit evidence requests and contract reviews. Additionally, you will meet with engineering teams from around the world to champion Datadog’s privacy practices and procedures.
You'll work on challenging projects, make an impact, and grow as an Analyst and a Lead.
Datadog is building a world class privacy team to keep our employees and end user’s privacy safeguarded from real world threats. You will help us face the challenges presented by our diverse user base and a constantly changing regulatory landscape.
Who you must be:
- Own and lead Datadog’s Privacy Operations program
- Partner directly with Datadog’s Legal team on all things Privacy
- Digest complex customer documents (MSAs, DPAs, etc.), and the contexts in which they might have been created, into concrete requirements for the Datadog Engineering, Legal and Finance teams.
- Provide quality assurance for complex customer contracts and privacy agreements
- Manage the process for regulatory Data Subject Access Requests such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Partner with the Sales and Support organizations in the Sales execution and Customer maintenance process.
- Communicate directly with Datadog customers, prospects and other stakeholders and define, describe, or represent Datadog Privacy on behalf of the organization.
- Do everything with an eye towards developing and improving process effectiveness and efficiency. I.e., you abhor reinvention of the wheel.
- You have a BS or equivalent experience.
- You have some exposure to Sales-people, the sales process, sales reporting, and the general nature of sales.
- Strong understanding of the Legal world, contracts, and how it all works.
- Strong understanding of the current Privacy landscape and regulations in-place.
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- Certifications are not a strict requirement but are appreciated.
- You’ve led a team before
- You take pride in your writing ability and have been praised for it.
- You talk like you write; you are clear, concise, confident, and unafraid to make presentations.
- You have the gravitas and command presence to attend meetings where you’ll represent the concerns of Privacy, sometimes against the pressures of other stakeholders. But in a nice way.
- You have a strong familiarity with cloud-native productivity tools
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.