The Legal team supports Datadog's rapid growth by providing a wide range of legal services across a highly dynamic technology company, from driving new business via contracts and compliance efforts, to protecting Datadog's intellectual property. Datadog's Legal team works with virtually every team across the organization, from engineering to product to marketing.
Datadog is looking for an experienced and versatile attorney to join its expanding Legal team as Privacy Counsel. The Privacy Counsel will be responsible for advising non-product teams on global data privacy and security laws and requirements, as well as supporting other legal and non-legal team members on the impact of privacy and security laws on product features.
- Review and draft contracts and contractual provisions, templates and policies.
- Work with information security, procurement and other teams to advise and support implementation of privacy-related requirements.
- Drive projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across the business.
- Identify privacy program gaps and work to improve upon policies and standards to ensure compliance with global data privacy and security laws.
- Support information security in overseeing review of, and response to, all potential security incidents.
- Support internal privacy compliance programs to ensure the business meets its regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Support other attorneys negotiating, and directly negotiate as necessary, privacy-related terms in commercial agreements with customers and vendors.
Why You Should Apply:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience with SaaS, software and information security.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise is required
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by well-articulated points of view
- Organized and process driven, with the ability to work independently with little guidance, but an understanding of when matters need escalation within or outside of the legal team
- Flexible and eager to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- JD and bar admission
- CIPP certified, or must agree to obtain certification within six months of hire date; CISM or other similar security certifications are highly desirable
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers' entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.