Datadog’s Video team creates engaging content about our products and technology through videos and animations. We are a close-knit group of editors, producers, and animators who strive to create content with a high production value that is informative, accurate, and meaningful. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate regularly with other teams across the company such as the Product, Design, and Writing teams. Our videos help tell the Datadog story to a wider audience, and we are always looking to expand our video library into new areas.
Are you looking to combine your design and animation skills with your love of learning about new technologies? Are you excited to create intricate visualizations that help explain complex topics? Are you interested in creating polished and engaging content, and then seeing how it helps drive the company and the business forward? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
We are expanding the Video team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of video producers and motion graphics animators creates all the video content for our website and social media channels. We produce, film, storyboard, edit, design, and animate a wide variety of projects such as video testimonials, product explainers, how-to videos, and video ads.
This is a full-time and on-site role in our NYC office.
Here’s a look at some of the work our team does.
- Design and animate vector illustrations, graphs, typography, and other graphic elements
- Enhance live-action videos with intricate and engaging animations that help drive the narrative
- Collaborate with designers, editors, and product managers on video projects
- See projects through from the storyboard stage to final animation
- 3+ years of professional motion graphics experience
- BFA in design/animation or related discipline
- A diverse portfolio showcasing your commercial/corporate video work
- Ability to grasp complex topics and visualize them with easy-to-understand animations
- Experience developing project briefs and scripts into style frames, storyboards, and videoboards
- Familiarity with industry standard editing workflows, video formats, codecs, and frame rates
- Expert in Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Ability to follow brand design guidelines with a keen eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Editing skills and familiarity with Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of the tech industry and/or prior experience working at a tech/startup company
- Basic understanding of cloud and/or SaaS technologies and ability to pick up new abstract concepts quickly
Datadog is a SaaS-based monitoring platform for hybrid cloud and cloud native applications, providing full visibility into the health of an application, from backend infrastructure to front-end user journeys to business-level performance. Our data analytics platform enables Dev, Ops, and other teams across a company to easily collaborate and share information, identify and solve potential problems, accelerate business growth, and successfully complete cloud migration initiatives.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.