At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Product Design team works on embedded product teams, collaborating closely with PMs and engineers on major product areas. Product Design is its own department, independent from engineering or product management. We’re full-stack designers, owning all aspects of our work from research, prototyping, polish, and engineering hand-off. We work closely together, collaborating with our DesignOps team to develop our design system and tooling.
Datadog’s native iOS and Android apps focus on providing a great on-call experience, giving engineers access to alerts and dashboards and helping them understand issues on the go during incidents. We’re looking for a Mobile Product Designer with a passion for building technical tools and great native mobile experiences. Our designers build the UI that developers around the world rely on: real-time dashboards, data visualizations, data-driven notebooks, core site functionality, and the design systems and tools that power it. Their work makes the data we collect easy for users to understand and act on.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. As one of the first mobile designers on a fast-growing team you’ll help define interaction and visual design standards and lay the groundwork for new and exciting experiences. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, collaborating with PMs and engineering leads, and researching, prototyping and scaling design with new systems.
- Design native mobile experiences and new products that make the on-call experience better
- Develop new experiences for interacting with real-time data visualizations on the go
- Work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Datadog better
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- Work with the rest of the product design team to adapt patterns and standards from our web application to mobile
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built
- You have 3+ years of experience in mobile product design
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record shipping interaction design work for native mobile applications
- You are fluent in best practices for both iOS and Android
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You have experience with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Origami, Principle, Framer, Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
- You can write Swift and/or Kotlin
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.