We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Technical Recruiting team at Datadog is responsible for scaling our Product and Engineering departments. Our recruiters are strategic business partners, matchmakers, sellers and marketeers, all wrapped into one. We contribute to the bottom line and have high visibility to leadership. We partner with our hiring managers to grow their teams with great people in multiple technical and business areas.
Datadog is a post-IPO software company, with offices in NYC and Boston, Paris, Dublin, Japan, Sydney, and Singapore, and scaling globally. We're experiencing tremendous growth and are growing our recruiting team to support our Product and Engineering departments. This role will drive full cycle recruiting, and act as an advisor and trusted resource to hiring managers and the interview team. You will have the opportunity to shape, mold, and impact how fast we grow, the way we’re viewed in the industry, and the candidate experience. Every year our team approximately doubles in size, and we are responsible for maintaining this growth.
- Mentor and train new team members
- Ensure that the right roles are getting the right attention
- Map out various companies and talent markets, keeping a pulse on talent flow, market attrition, and which companies employ the talent we’re after
- Develop strategies to fill active and passive pipelines through sourcing programs and planning with leadership
- Develop ideas to pivot messaging, job descriptions, or any external facing content/events to help impact our ability to acquire talent
- Stay on top of the latest recruiting strategies, market movements, and company changes
- Create and foster high-touch relationships with active and passive candidates, as well as hiring managers
- Enhance our recruitment process through revamping interview practices, training interview teams, and becoming an expert at our ATS, Greenhouse
- Ensure that every candidate has an excellent interview experience regardless of outcome
Why You Should Apply:
- Experienced in 7+ years of sourcing or full-lifecycle recruiting for technical roles preferably for tech companies — experienced in leading a team is a plus
- Autonomous with a demonstrated ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple positions
- Superior at selling value proposition, negotiating and closing great candidates
- Skilled at operating with a sense of urgency in all stages of the recruiting cycle
- Able to successfully navigate an ever-changing process
- Resourceful in using creative tools to identify and attract highly in-demand talent
- Deep understanding of the technical landscape and able to speak eloquently about software development
- Experience as an in-house recruiter at a high-growth company preferred
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- Generous and competitive global and EU benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.