We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The global IT Support team is responsible for the hardware and software that Datadog employees around the world use on a daily basis to successfully do their jobs. This means supporting thousands of endpoint devices such as macOS, iOS, Chrome OS, Windows and Linux. In addition you will support software as a service (SaaS) solutions like Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Jamf, and more.
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, this position will be responsible for a team of IT Technicians. You will provide strategy, guidance and serve as a point of escalation. You will represent your team and collaborate with the greater Datadog organization.
- Manage, mentor, and recruit for the IT Support team
- Define SLOs and KPIs to ensure the help desk gives quick and accurate support
- Create and update policies, standards and procedures
- Facilitate a culture of end user self service through innovative programs, software, documentation and other resources
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure a secure and compliant technical environment
- Collaborate with greater IT organization on project based work
- Ensure all new hires have the technology and training they need to be successful
- Manage hardware and software inventory levels
- Serve as a point of escalation on IT support issues
- Two years experience managing an IT help desk at an organization with 500 or more employees
- Six years of relevant experience in IT
- An incredible attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You love helping people
- You want to work in a fast paced, high growth startup environment
- You are fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- You’ve managed Google Workspaceand other common SaaS applications such as Slack or Jamf
- You have supported Apple devices such as Macbooks and iPads
- You have supported large WiFi environments using Meraki or similar
- You can write basic scripts to automate tasks
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.