We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The IT Security team is internally focused with the mission of securing the endpoints, applications, infrastructure, services and networks that Datadog employees rely on on a daily basis. This includes thousands of devices running macOS, Windows, Linux and Chrome OS, as well as SaaS services like Google Workspace and Zoom, hosted services running in AWS and the Meraki networks in our offices.
As the team lead for the IT Security team, you will be responsible for managing and hiring a global team of IT Security Engineers. You will help set the team strategy, provide guidance, and serve as a point of escalation. You will ensure that the technologies employees use every day are secure and offer a great experience. You will represent your team and collaborate with the greater Datadog organization.
- Manage, mentor and recruit for the global IT Security team
- Run sprint planning meetings and one on ones with team members
- Develop, maintain and improve IT security tools
- Perform security assessment activities and respond to IT security events
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure a secure and compliant technical environment
- Work with your fellow team leads and the greater IT organization on projects and initiatives
- Help create the strategy, roadmap and quarterly goals
- Facilitate a culture of innovation through new software, systems and programs
- Create and update policies, standards and procedures
- Minimum of two years experience managing a security team at an organization with 1000 or more employees
- 6+ years of relevant experience in security
- Able to demonstrate strong understanding of IT systems, operations and security concepts
- Proven track record of security proficiency
- Experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An incredible attention to detail
- You love helping people
- You want to work in a fast paced, high growth startup-like environment
- You are fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- A background in traditional corporate IT
- Experience implementing or supporting BeyondCorp style, zero-trust network and service architectures
- Familiarity with user focused security or https://honest.security
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.