Datadog's Finance team collaborates with teams across the organization, providing commercial, operational and analytical support to ensure that Datadog's business continues to grow as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
We are looking for an individual with experience auditing and working with technology companies that are fast-paced, work ideally in the cloud or SaaS, and develop products that are used by millions of consumers globally. This position will own the company’s annual internal audit compliance program, working across our global organization to identify technology and business risks and help manage the impact on the organization. You will participate in assurance and advisory projects within areas such as sales & operations, enterprise IT, data infrastructure, finance, financial systems, revenue engineering, and the technology platform.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are effective in agile, fast-moving organizations and enjoy working in a high-performing and highly-collaborative international team environment. This position is based in our NYC HQ.
- Lead the annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process identifying significant business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company’s financial statements
- Lead the Company’s internal audit process to coordinate internal audit projects and risk assessments
- Work closely with the Security, Engineering, and other teams to ensure strategic risks across the organization are effectively managed
- Coordinate with business owners to ensure controls are being properly designed and thought through when business or organization changes occur
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes and assess the impact of said changes on internal controls
- Critically evaluate current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to optimize controls through automation.
- Lead scoping, budgeting, and managing use of the service providers
- Act as the “go-to” person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Help liaise with the external auditors and proactively coordinate the internal audit to ensure, amongst other things, reliance by external auditors on Management’s testing, coordination of the PBC request process to minimize impact to the business, alignment of testing results
- Execute the quarterly process, reporting process, and summarize results
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance (Preferred certifications: CPA, CIA or CISA)
- 10+ years of experience including public accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience/ SOX 404 audit experience; must possess strong auditing skills with experience in auditing public companies and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404 and the Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Standards.
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, GAAS, and other applicable professional guidance
- Knowledge of external auditor requirements and reporting
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective managerial skills
- Effective cross-functional management skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Netsuite, Google Suite, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.