Datadog's Head of Investor Relations is a strategic role that will report directly to the CFO and interact regularly with the management team. As a publicly traded company (ticker: DDOG), Investor Relations is tasked with the external communication of the company’s financials, metrics, products, and market position to the investment community.
We are seeking a Head of Investor Relations to join Datadog. They will be tasked with spearheading the company’s communication and positioning to the investment community, including existing and potential new shareholders. They will lead the quarterly earnings process, including writing the press release and script, as well as preparing the management team for Q&A. This cross-functional role will partner with many groups across the company, including Legal, FP&A/Finance, Product, Sales, and Marketing, to unify company messaging.
- Lead the quarterly earnings process, including writing the press release and script, and preparing management for Q&A; support composition of SEC filings
- Understand financial statements and performance; Formulate quarterly revenue and profit guidance, in partnership with FP&A
- Ensure regular communication with existing top shareholders, while targeting new potential long-term shareholders
- Point of contact for Datadog's current 20+ covering sell-side research analysts, as well as potential future analysts
- Prioritize and organize conferences and analyst sessions for IR/management to participate in or host
- Work with management to distill the Datadog story for external stakeholders
- Support the preparation of presentations, including board material, investor decks, and other presentations
- Lead comps analyses versus other SaaS/software companies
- Capital markets support, including partnering with investment banks, stock exchange, etc.
- Collaborate across the organization, including product, marketing, and sales, to unify reporting of metrics and company messaging
- Support ad hoc projects from management, finance, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of the financials and metrics performance as well as the product & market to distill into a narrative for external consumption
- Knowledge of the enterprise software space, particularly monitoring/observability preferred
- BA/BS in finance, accounting or economics, but not required
- 7-15+ years of experience in investor relations, investment banking, equity research, or consulting (or similar level of experience)
- Experience at a high-growth tech company is a plus, but not required
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Able to understand financial models/statements, and complex analyses
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.