We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
At Datadog, APM Open-Source Engineers are language experts that focus on improving the performance, stability and release quality of our OSS tracing libraries. We instrument critical paths of systems at scale and the mission of the team is to ensure our libraries are not intrusive and don’t alter the performance or stability of the systems they run on.
We are looking for a .NET and C# runtime expert to lead and guide our team through the complexity of instrumenting systems at scale, where observability must never introduce performance degradation. Come and join us to build fast and reliable open source software.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers while staying motivated
- Ensure that the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Drive the team to reach Operational Excellence with performance testing and release goals
- Partner with our product team to flesh out features and improve our .NET observability
- Drive our open source .NET projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You’re a master .NET engineer. You've written high-performance, concurrent applications and squeezed every bit of performance from your system. You've written clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic C# code.
- You value the importance of observability and monitoring tools and you have experience with code telemetry and introspection
- You want to dig deeper in how widely-used frameworks and libraries work, finding where to plug the instrumentation code to provide visibility when such libraries are used in production systems.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution by solving ambiguity.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have significant experience with other JIT-tted runtimes
- You have used the Profiling API to write your own CLR profiler
- You have experience managing geographically distributed engineering teams
- You have deep experience with observability products
#LI-RemoteEqual Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.