We're on a mission to bring trustworthiness and transparency to DevOps. We need you to help secure a massively scalable, elegant system that turns trillions of data points per day into meaningful insights for our customers. If you're excited to work on a fast-moving team at a high scale, we want to meet you.
We're looking for a Manager, Software Integrity and Trust to build and lead a new team for a growing discipline at Datadog. The goal of Software Integrity and Trust is to ensure that all client facing software built at Datadog has provable integrity as well as enabling our customers to leverage our software in a trustworthy manner.
You will own the teams and solutions that embed with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, build the paved roads that establish secure-by-default configurations, and detect and protect any abuse threats that may impact our products.
You will establish the proper relationships to understand support models needed by teams as well as establish the proper metrics to show continuous improvements.
You'll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You'll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, data analytics, and software engineers.
- Manage and grow teams of talented software, security, and data analytics engineers who can get a full understanding of Datadog's software supply chain, build pipeline security, delivery mechanisms and dynamic configuration management to apply the right integrity mechanisms
- Build and maintain a platform of vulnerability scanners against released client facing products and open source software and build proactive detection and communication mechanisms
- Define and implement the strategy for wide adoption of integrity mechanisms (such as TUF and in-toto) and full inventory of software supply chain
- Define and drive the strategy to reduce the attack surface of all of Datadog's client facing software when leveraged by our customers
- Create and evangelise a world-class partnership program with engineering teams to guarantee success of the mission
- Partner with Datadog's product management team by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Become a pioneer for software integrity and live up to Datadog's love of the open source community
- Represent Datadog in the DevSecOps, application security and software integrity community
- Proven experience building cutting-edge software engineering teams
- Proven experience with cryptography and data analytics principles
- You have designed capabilities that scale to support a large set of teams and built production-ready services
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
- CISSP, CISM, OSCP, or similar certifications
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of DevOps that includes security
- Familiarity with integrity frameworks such as TUF and in-toto
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.