Datadog is seeking an extremely talented Corporate Development professional to generate, manage, and execute mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, and strategic partnerships for Datadog. You will be a key partner to Datadog’s senior leadership and highly visible at the most senior levels of Datadog. The role is reporting into the Head of Corporate Development and falls within the Product organization.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker who is passionate about Datadog and the future of cloud services. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Superb negotiation skills are essential. This role includes managing relationships that may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and have broad implications across Datadog. The Corporate Development team is small and values authentic, strong-willed individuals who think creatively and proactively.
The ideal candidate will research and generate ideas, prioritize objectives and plan internal activity, drive due diligence and valuation analysis, spearhead term sheet and contract negotiations, create and present strategic documents and recommendations, and support integration by partnering with key leaders.
- Identify compelling opportunities that support Datadog’s strategic priorities through primary engagement with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists
- Partner with business and product teams to comprehensively assess expansion opportunities and build internal and external consensus
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts, evaluate value creation opportunities and risks in potential transactions, and bring transactions over the finish line
- Work with cross-functional groups within Datadog, including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, and Accounting teams
Why You Should Apply:
- Experienced in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting; Product or Engineering experience is a big plus (7-10 years of relevant experience)
- Experienced in sourcing deals globally; Europe and Israel are focus areas
- Skilled in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
- An excellent communicator, and able to demonstrate creative & analytical thinking
- Able to prioritize multiple stakeholders and projects with limited resources
- Able to build and maintain a network of relationships to facilitate deal flow
- Passionate about big challenges and has a great sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree highly preferred
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.