About the opportunity
As our first Senior Events & Experience Manager, you will be responsible for managing critical aspects of our internal employee events, ranging from our semi-annual All Company meetings, our annual celebration events as well as external recruiting events. You'll be a key member of our Employee Experience team, reporting into the (Senior) Director of Employee Experience. Using your prior events management, marketing or hospitality experience, your mission will be to execute the employee experience and engagement components of our global event strategy.
What to expect?
What you need to be successful?
- Help manage from concept to execution, strategic corporate event programs including our semi-annual All Company meetings, celebration events and our participation at an assortment of Recruiting conferences.
- Develop an annual events strategy by identifying opportunities to improve employees experience
- Working closely with our Field Marketing, Sales Enablement and Talent Acquisition teams, help set and lead event strategies, design, policies, standards, direction, training and goals. Ensure our event presence is on strategy and consistent.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners. Demonstrate solid experience with vendor management, contract negotiation, and logistics.
- Provide event ROI evaluation, feedback and post mortem to senior management.
- Effectively manage functional budgets.
- Periodic travel, as needed, weekends occasionally.
What's in it for you?
- Your experience is progressive, in the event management or marketing project management space, having planned multiple 500+ person events, simultaneously.
- You've been part of multi-site events, community, marketing or recruiting teams for multiple years.
- You're persistent and proactive.
- Your analytical skills are honed. You link event plans and activities to business results (measurement, Return on Investment (ROI).
- You're known for your grace-under-fire leadership skills, and solution-oriented approach.
- Over the course of your career, you've developed strong trade show and events strategies and tactics.
- You embody our core values and have a deep commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $100,000-$107,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful's variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We're growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
"Everyone is welcome here"
— is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking "Apply for this job," I acknowledge that I have read the "Contentful's Candidate Privacy Notice", and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.