About the opportunity
Our Customer Success Department (CSD) helps customers and users successfully achieve their goals with Contentful Content Infrastructure. We're proud to have customers from fast-growing startups to the Fortune 100 who power their mobile apps, public websites, and other mission-critical parts of their business with Contentful; our CSD plays a vital role in enabling their success in doing so.
Our Department's goal is to help customers getting great value from using Contentful, in a scalable, repeatable, and efficient way. Our Customer Support team plays a crucial role in these efforts. The Customer Support team provides technical and account support for Contentful customers and users, to (a) fulfill our contractual Support SLAs and (b) help users achieve their goals with Contentful by answering questions, troubleshooting issues, filing bugs, and escalating system faults to Engineering. As part of this team, the Account Operations Manager/Associate is responsible for account provisioning and other activities related to it. The Account Operations Manager/Associate also collaborates and coordinates with other teams across the company such as Customer Success Operations, Product, Finance, and Business Systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an account manager/support agent and is a team-player who loves to support customers. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in a successful and growing modern SaaS startup.
What to expect?
What you need to be successful?
- Own account provisioning for Enterprise customers for new and existing customers, in close collaboration with Finance and Customer Success Managers
- Execute or coordinate customer migrations (e.g. to a different infrastructure) and temporary changes for the Enterprise customers.
- Operate account changes as requested by the Sales or Customer Success Managers representatives by following contract terms and internal processes / procedure
- Set up and manage pro-bono subscriptions, in close collaboration with the marketing team.
- Set up and manage SLAs (Service-Level-Agreements) as part of the account provisioning in the specific tools.
- Document all account provisioning processes in our knowledge base and conduct internal training as needed.
- Manage provisioning for subscriptions exceptions (Proof Of Concepts, Trials, Offboarding etc)
- Ensure data is accurate across different tools and systems by tracking and reviewing data on a regular basis.
- Partner with Business Systems, Product Management and Engineering in projects to improve our own internal backend systems and workflows.
- Follow-up with stakeholders on additional tasks related to account provisioning (Infrastructure, Account Managers, Customer Success Managers)
- Provide constant feedback for improving processes and systems as well as automating tasks.
- Escalate where appropriately account provisioning urgent issues according to internal processes.
- Assisting Customer Support with Account Management related tasks as needed.
What's in it for you?
- Good technical understanding of the main tools used to perform daily tasks and work on project (Zuora, GK, Salesforce)
- The above Includes tools integrations and inter-dependencies, business workflows and basic general understanding of tool configurations so that changes and their consequences are proactively assessed and risk evaluated before high impact changes are being performed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an account management or another support role
- Excellent hands-on and customer-centric focus
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written (German not required)
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management , Sales and Ticketing System tools like Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, or other comparable SaaS vendors.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with reporting tools/technologies (e.g. GoodData, Looker or similar)
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful's variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We're growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
"Everyone is welcome here"
— is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking "Apply for this job," I acknowledge that I have read the "Contentful's Candidate Privacy Notice", and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.