At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Our Strategic Growth team is the face of the company and the engine of our market expansion. As a Strategic Growth Partner, you are directly responsible for driving net-new pipeline for our Strategic Growth Team.
In its simplest form, the SGP's role is to educate the Compass Agent Community on the benefits and importance of contributing to the Strategic Growth of Compass. Successful SGPs partner with Compass Agents to identify who in their network of Prospective Agents should be introduced to a Strategic Growth Manager. The Strategic Growth Manager then meets with the Prospective Agent to discuss the Compass value proposition (technology, marketing, culture and growth).
The role is similar to an Enterprise Account Management role due to deal size, complexity of conversation, objection handling and cross-functional quarterbacking. Dissimilar to an Enterprise Account Management role, the SGP will yield frequent, high-velocity wins.
- You generate new business opportunities to build our sales pipeline through both inbound and outbound efforts
- Outreach directly into prospective agents that fit our ideal persona via cold-calls, text, emails, integrated marketing campaigns, LinkedIn campaigns and other methods
- Articulate our value prop and objection handle to create qualified opportunities in your market
- You work closely with the Strategic Growth Managers and Team Leaders to develop successful prospecting strategies,
- Document all activities within our CRM, maintaining flawless data management
- Drive active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create new processes and refine existing processes through innovative thinking
- Analyze addressable market in nascent geographies and create demand for disruptive technology
- Become a critical part of the high performing team, adding value to each SGM's sales process
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience with history of strong performance (SDR, Customer Success/Service, Direct Sales, Account Management)
- Strong interpersonal and rapport-building skills, glass-half-full mentality, natural leader
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
Do your best work, be your authentic self
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants