At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Project Manager, HR position is for an execution-minded team player who excels in cross-functional project management. This Senior Project Manager is accountable for working closely with the business and other functional teams to ensure the success of all HR projects. This position requires a strategically minded person who can also think outside the box to develop solutions to complex issues. The Senior Project Manager needs to possess the demonstrated ability to connect and collaborate with cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will also become involved in support planning for integration activities for newly acquired companies and companies still requiring integration support.
Organization, presentation, and communication skills are paramount. Ability to develop presentations that employ data visualization and data storytelling techniques to convey critical information, contextualize decision points, and drive alignment. Understand scheduling techniques, estimating, change management, risk management, and progress reporting methods.
At Compass You Will:
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to lead team of subject matter experts in HR, IT, Finance, and other disciplines in core team meetings and deliverables, while having no direct management ownership for the team members
- Self-motivated and able to work with very little direction, consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Deliver critical HR projects on scope, on budget and on time; achieving significant and measurable savings and growth
- Manage initiation, execution, and closure of projects according to HR project methodology
- Work with Delivery leaders to design the processes that will improve workflow and data quality
- Structure and set-up the project by identifying required project resources
- Create clear and attainable project objectives
- Build the project requirements including project success measures and proven ROI
- Manage project constraints around cost, time, scope and quality to baseline
- Engage appropriate resources and define/implement change management strategy
- Manage overall project progress and develop, execute and track project plans
- Proactively manage escalations
- Identify baseline and measure project benefits
- Partner with peers to leverage knowledge and standards to promote consistent, quality deliverables across all projects.
- Project/Program Delivery Lead the Core Team and oversee all effort required for each project this role is responsible for, developing and delivering detailed project plans
- Stakeholder Management Working extensively with internal and external global stakeholders and likely working with government/governance bodies to build effective relationships. Provide prepared to present weekly updates to these Key Stakeholders such as RAIDs, key decisions, work stream RAG status
- Communications Leads communication across the core project team, with key stakeholders and governing bodies. Coordination with the Change, Communication and Learning lead on change impacts, delivery approach and training/coaching of the change.
- Issue & Risk Management Has responsibility for performing and managing the issue and risk management efforts overall for each project this role is responsible for. Applies lateral thinking and analysis to solve complex problems when necessary and escalates appropriate based on the agreed to escalation process and governance model
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- 3+ years experience with HR specific projects
- Certification(s) in project management, quality management, agile methodology and/or six sigma preferred
- 2+ years Human Resources (HR) program management experience working with workday design & implementations
- Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits and/or Workforce Analytics
- Experience working in companies with diverse technology landscapes with multiple systems integrations
- Highly competent in facilitating meetings with many functional areas represented
- Strong written and spoken language skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment and possess creative solutioning skills
- This is a fully remote position and can sit in any of our established entities.
Do your best work, be your authentic self
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants