Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Trade Surveillance Senior Associate will be responsible for market monitoring and trade surveillance for Coinbase on an ongoing basis. This person will help the Trade Surveillance team monitor all markets, investigate any suspicious trading behavior, and lever Coinbase surveillance technology to help keep Coinbase the most trusted platform in the space.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Review and conduct daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of trade/e-comms/voice surveillance and develop and implement surveillance reports as required
- Lead trade surveillance investigations, including interacting with clients and escalation to compliance leadership and relevant internal stakeholders (Legal, Business, etc.)
- Assist in new asset launches and monitoring market depth and liquidity relative to other assets and exchanges; perform market assessments for new asset launches and relaunches following trading halts
- Draft and update policies and procedures related to Coinbase Trading operations and Trading Rules
- Keep abreast of regulatory and market structure changes that may affect our markets and the scope of the existing surveillance program
- Work with engineering and support staff to create process efficiencies and improvements
- Collaborate with other key compliance individuals and separate Coinbase business lines to open new and close current investigations
- Work on ad-hoc inquiries, special projects, or regulatory requests
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience of increasing responsibilities in a compliance/market surveillance role; team lead or management experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, and a quick learner; demonstrate Coinbase values
- Knowledge of market structure a plus
- Prefer FINRA Series or other relevant certifications
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.