Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, maintaining a high security bar earns us the trust of millions of customers. They choose to buy, sell and store billions of dollars worth of digital assets in our products. As a Software Engineer on the Security Engineering Key Orchestration team, you’ll build services to automate the configuration and coordination of services relating to digital asset infrastructure.
The Security Engineering Key Orchestration team works closely with Engineering, Security and Product to build services that address challenges within our key orchestration program while protecting the security of digital assets. As a Staff Engineer, you manage the role of an individual contributor and while also anchoring new projects, leading technical direction, and mentoring other engineers on the team. You’ll build out a platform that makes interacting with digital asset infrastructure easy to manage. You will solve unique, large scale and complex relating to the configuration, management, and coordination digital assets.
We highly value individuals with intellectual curiosity and openness. We collaborate across the organization, helping our engineers think big and take risks while building a culture of diversity, positive energy and blameless truth-seeking.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Architect and develop distributed systems
- Provide technical structure to teams and work closely with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Design and implement foundational digital asset infrastructure components used by engineering teams in production
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 10 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You’re passionate about building a platform for engineering and security customers.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with working in rapid growth environments
- Experience in working in a hardware and software environment with physical inventory management dependencies
- Experience in working with key management software
- Experience in Golang, object-oriented programming languages and Docker
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment