Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
You’ll work closely with design, product, support and other teams within the company to build our web properties like https://help.coinbase.com. If you’re excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help define a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our frontend for help, blog, pr and other web properties. Cross train team members on Financial custom applications, such as Bitcoin election on Cash Reconciliation.
- Create dependable user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable
- Build, test and ship new user-facing Identity experiences in modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack
- Help turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership
- Operate in a Plan-Build-Run model where you own Build and Run for packaged and custom apps and platforms
- Prioritize and maintain engineering work and cross-BU interdependencies
- Convey engineering vision through bold, scalable architecture and proactively plan future capabilities, working closely with key SAAS platform vendors
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in Engineering tools, process, and workflows as well as brainstorming new methods of efficiency to support our key business partners
- Articulate build or buy recommendations for key capabilities, required to deliver various aspects of the product solution
- Articulate competitive advantage vs infrastructure and scalability capabilities
- Define and analyze metrics that mature the Engineering function
- Ensure engineers spend 10-20% of their backlogs on Non-functional requirements, automation of CI/CD pipelines, automation of testing, and Technical Debt Management
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Sciences desired
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (5+ years)
- Experience building Java EE Applications using technologies like JMS, Spring, JDBC, JCR, NoSQL, OSGi/Felix
- Experience with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Experience with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks
- Experience with Automation of testing and CI/CD for above platforms
- Experience leading uncertainty and changing requirements in a high-growth, startup environment
- Background working with Agile sprints, backlogs in Jira
- Experience Infrastructure tools such as Cloudflare, AWS, Docker, PagerDuty
- Background in non-functional requirements like scalability, automation testing, and security
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Adobe Analytics or equivalent applications
- Passionate about the crypto economy and DeFi
- Experience in the Financial industry