Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Security Engineering AppSec Platform team enables Coinbase to maintain a high security bar that earns us the trust of millions of customers. This platform team builds services allowing Engineers and Security to configure and view their application security health throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This nascent team already comes with a great impact and you’ll be responsible for building services enabling customers to view their application security health.
As a Software Engineer, you will build out a platform enabling Security and Engineering to understand the application security health. You will solve unique, large scale and complex application security problems such as vulnerability management, vulnerability inventory, service inventory, security scanning orchestration tooling and dependency management. You will be responsible for improving the customer experience that will make it easier for both Engineering and Security teams to do their job.
We highly value individuals with intellectual curiosity and openness. We collaborate across the organization, helping our engineers think big and take risks while building a culture of diversity, positive energy and blameless truth-seeking.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang and object oriented languages.
- Design scalable systems to solve novel problems with modern cloud technology and industry best practices.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our systems and the teams running them.
- Work with engineers and security to turn our application security platform vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You’re passionate about building a platform for engineering and security customers.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with working in rapid growth environments
- Experience or interest in Application Security
- Experience in Ruby, Go, and Serverless infrastructure
- Strong opinions on Testing, Software quality and SDLC
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment