Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
About Coinbase Design Systems
The Design Systems team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products across the entirety of the company. We’re building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
As a Senior Product Illustrator you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by building scalable illustration systems across our suite of products, that help people understand how to use cryptocurrency. You’ll work closely with Product Designers and our Product and Engineering teams to help build simple, easy-to-use experiences that express the Coinbase brand and values.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop scalable illustration systems & strategy for our products across all platforms (iOS, Android, Web).
- Help define our visual product language, and evolve our illustration guidelines.
- Own the end-to-end illustration process across our product features from initial concepting and ideation, to Engineering implementation support, and final production.
- Partner closely with Product Design, UX Research, Product Management, and Engineering to help define our product strategy and execute on our product roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with our Brand Design team to translate the expression of our brand identity into our user experiences.
- Build & implement Illustration team processes.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of professional Illustration experience.
- Strong portfolio of illustration work in a variety of contexts, with a focus on digital product experiences.
- Experience building scalable product illustration guidelines, visual design systems, and detailed specifications and documentation.
- Experience illustrating for consumer-facing digital experiences for web and mobile applications.
- Strong illustration skills and deep knowledge of developing visual design language and standards.
- Experience working in a collaborative, iterative product team with Engineers, Product Managers, UX Researchers, and Product Designers.
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator and Figma.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Low ego, collaborative, positive attitude, and open-minded.
Nice to haves:
- 3D rendering / Cinema 4D Experience
- Motion Design experience, working with After Effects and animation frameworks such as Lottie
- Experience working with prototyping tools
- Knowledge of HTML and working with SVGs