Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is the leading global platform for the trading of crypto assets. As the crypto economy matures, Coinbase is preparing for the need to comply with US and global tax information reporting requirements, including taxpayer identification and transaction reporting. Our customers also expect us to provide them with the necessary information and data to comply with their tax obligations.
Coinbase is looking for an experienced tax professional with experience in tax information reporting. The ideal candidate would have worked in this discipline for a mainstream financial services company or a financial services tax advisor and would want to help build a world class set of tax protocols adapted for the holding, purchase, sale and trading of crypto assets.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with Tax and Product teams on developing information reporting architecture for CB exchange, Broker/Dealer
- Advise on tax rules related to information reporting
- Assess potential risk, including financial statement risk, related to information reporting
- Drafting guidance and protocols for internal use
- Working on customer communications related to information reporting obligations
- Working with vendors on information reporting systems
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- CPA or JD with a tax focus
- 10+ years of tax experience in Big 4, law firm and/or industry
Nice to haves:
- LLM in Tax
- Audit and exam experience
- Government (IRS) experience