Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Senior Manager for Community Operations, you will play a pivotal role in crafting and executing a world class experience for internal and external Coinbase customers. In this position you will lead a team of managers and front line specialists responsible for supporting customers on social media platforms.. You will be directly responsible for developing and operationalizing the social support roadmap while also inventing and refining process, defining policies, and partnering with stakeholders to scale the business.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Developing and operationalizing the social support strategy and roadmap, including setting a team vision, developing KPIs, designing scalable process, setting and achieving team goals.
- Leading a worldwide team of Social Support managers and frontline analysts, ensuring a highly engaged workforce that works collectively to execute the team vision.
- Leverage the social voice of the customer to influence Coinbase leaders and drive CX, product, and marketing roadmaps
- Manage relationships with social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, LI, etc) account managers to influence and drive shared objectives.
- Own relationship(s) with social engagement tool vendors to ensure products are aligned to strategic objectives.
- Ensuring top talent in every seat by hiring and developing the next generation of Coinbase leaders.
- Partner across all teams within the broader CX organization, ensuring coverage of key focus areas including analytics, content, quality, technology, training and voice of the customer.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics and reporting, including the introduction of new data points and methods for measuring social sentiment.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- 5+ years in a call center operations environment
- 3+ years experience working in Social Media customer service
- 3+ years of direct people management experience.
- Demonstrated experience driving high-complexity projects & developing improvement systems.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Strong communication skills. You have the ability to effectively communicate across various levels of the business (from senior leadership to customer support agents).
- High empathy and relationship building skills to understand customers and customer support agents.
- Fluent in English
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations based on business need.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Social Support platforms like Sprinklr or Sprout
- Comfortable leading teams in a remote working environment
- Experience with BPO vendor management.
- Experience with different channels of customer support, including voice, email, social and/or chat.
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics and/or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.