Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Knowledge Management (KM), supports global, customer-facing content creation and maintenance, localization efforts, internal CX training and documentation, and internal and external CX comms. We are looking for a talented, solutions-focused Sr. Manager to join our remote team to lead a team and strategy for external content and communication strategy.
As the Senior Manager, Content Design and Systems, within Knowledge Management, you will lead a cross-functional team to achieve self service/business priorities, ensuring that we stay customer obsessed and have an educational experience for customers end to end. Working remotely, you will serve as a strong leader to our external content creation process and program, pushing for innovative technological solutions in the entire customer experience ecosystem.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage a team of content writers and content strategists who lead all aspects of all CX communication channels, and create external facing content including, but not limited to: articles, customer-facing emails, and chat content.
- Develop and strengthen the team to include programs passionate about user experience, product ownership, and content/systems architecture to ensure single-threaded ownership of the Help Center product focused on the Retail customer experience.
- Scope, plan, and deliver further help experiences for other lines of business working backwards from a deep understanding of the customer segment for each product.
- Work closely with Coinbase Customer Experience leaders to identify opportunities for self-service solutions working backwards from a data-driven approach. Partner with Product teams to consult on self-service content opportunities in the product.
- Partner with KM counterparts in Localization, Internal Documentation, and Learning and Development to identify synergies and dual use for multimedia content built.
- Implement technological solutions and automations to deflect customer support inquiries.
- Design roadmaps, problem pipelines, and strategies for high execution from the team.
- Drive a digital content strategy program inclusive of image/gif creation and the creation of education videos.
- Collaborate with all internal CX partners to drive larger CX roadmap to achieve business goals and be customer obsessed.
- Work directly with external partners to collaborate on wider initiatives (ex: Marketing, Legal)
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 7+ years of content and product strategy experience, with at least the most recent 3+ years in customer experience operations.
- 3+ years of people management
- Experience with crafting self-service environments in fast and complex industries.
- Experience working with executives at a major company or fast-paced startup.
- Strong leader eager to work a remote environment and leading all aspects of multiple functions around the world..
- Believes in creating diverse teams and leaning into creating strong team environments.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with global teams and stakeholders
- Experience with Agile delivery and methodology