Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The HR Business Partner plays a vital role in ensuring the functions they partner with are thriving and executing at scale - and, most importantly, translating business strategy into people & org strategy. As a key member of our People team, you will work closely with the Business Partner and Leadership teams on engagement, employee development, diversity, policy, compensation, and performance management initiatives. You’ll provide proactive guidance and counsel and will have the opportunity to improve and impact every employee's experience at Coinbase. Using data, combined with sound judgment and creativity, you’ll directly influence the growth & scaling of our organization. We’re looking for an innovative person to help us continue to build a best in class team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with relevant stakeholders to help spearhead people programs and strategies that enhance our culture - including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with People team & Leadership on org design, planning, and execution at scale.
- Provide coaching/guidance on skill & professional development, career pathing and leveling, change management, org design, and tricky people situations.
- Identify and advise leadership on the development needs of their teams and functions.
- Approach people matters with an eye toward compliance and reducing risks; help build and apply HR policies and manage employee relations issues.
- Identify specific behaviors that contribute to macro patterns and provide solutions on how to address.
- Analyze trends & use data to develop people programs and influence change.
- Build excellent working relationships across the business.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant HR experience.
- Solid desire and ability to improve processes, build relationships, and make Coinbase better.
- Expertise in people/HR policies & procedures - and a track record of prioritizing, defining, developing, and rolling out scalable HR solutions that address the needs of the business.
- Fully developed coaching and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment; financial services experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with data and analytics and working with technical teams.
- Deep understanding of relevant employment laws.