Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase, Inc. is seeking a full time employee to lead and scale our Customer Advocacy team. As the Senior Director of Advocacy, you will lead our Advocacy team and build upon our partnership with the Coinbase Product organization to develop a customer-centric product roadmap. This role is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership across our CX and Product teams to ensure our product development strategies utilize customer feedback, insights and market intelligence. In addition, this role provides leadership within CX to build the required processes and programs that enable CX to provide premier customer support for all new products and services.
- In partnership with our Product, Engineering and Design teams, you will create and lead ongoing strategies to ensure the Coinbase product roadmap consistently works backwards from the voice of our customers.
- Provide leadership and direction to the CX Advocacy team to ensure your team has a deep understanding of the customer experience within all our products.
- Define the Advocacy team success metrics and drive accountability within your team of subject matter specialists.
- Scale existing customer insight processes within Advocacy to create a cycle of continuous improvement for our products. This includes partnership with our Product, process excellence and analytics teams to drive alignment of projects and programs across all key stakeholders.
- Lead all CX support readiness activities by ensuring all facets of support operations (e.g.; workflows, tools and content) are properly developed in advance of new product releases or changes in product strategy.
- Drive awareness and communications between CX and Product to ensure alignment across key investments and week to week decisions.
- Serve as an escalation point for critical product issues and incidents and coordinate response activities between CX and Product.
- Create a data-driven environment within Advocacy by holding a high bar for your team’s ability to dive deep using customer insights and business metrics.
- Apply strong business analytics skills to synthesize the voice of the customer, business goals, industry trends and Coinbase technology into our CX goals and objectives. This includes the ability to incorporate market and competitor research to develop key insights that provide inputs to the Coinbase product design decisions.
- Collaborate yet challenge and debate critical inputs to identify the best possible outcome for the Coinbase customer.
- 10 - 15+ years of experience within product development and/or customer advocacy roles, preferably within a fast paced, high growth organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, including experience meeting with and communicating information to senior leadership.
- Ability to hire and lead talent and maintain a high bar for accountability and ownership across your team.
- Objective thinking is a requirement. Bias towards positive customer impact and the ability to cut through the noise to prioritize and solve complicated problems.
- Highly organized and proficient in MS or google office efficiency tools.
- Highly collaborative, with an ability to optimally secure inputs from many cross functional teams.
- Domain expertise within Finance or Financial services is a plus, but not necessary