Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a Senior Counterparty & Credit Risk Manager with deep experience in secured lending, prime brokerage and/or derivatives products to support our growing credit risk offerings. You will manage credit risks in existing products, and lead the design of risk frameworks for new products. A key component of this role is directly partnering with our Product teams and other cross-functional stakeholders during the design phase, to deliver lending solutions with the right risk/reward balance. The right candidate will enjoy operating in a dynamic digital asset market environment and managing complex credit risks across a global institutional and retail client base. This role will report to the Head of Counterparty & Credit Risk, and may be based in New York or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design and implement risk frameworks for new and existing lending and leveraged product offerings, including developing suitable margin methodologies and risk controls.
- Actively engage in the product design process, in order to influence and mitigate inherent structural risks during the development phase.
- Evaluate ongoing volatility and liquidity risks in credit offerings.
- Oversee diligence, underwriting and limit setting for clients and counterparties.
- Negotiate standard industry documentation.
- Monitor portfolio risks and oversee periodic and ad hoc portfolio reviews.
- Recommend and implement policies and processes, as appropriate for emerging businesses and risks.
- Collaborate with business partners (product, coverage, operations, legal, etc.) to resolve complex client and product challenges.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in credit risk management at a global financial institution.
- Meaningful experience managing risk for secured lending, prime brokerage and/or derivatives products.
- Strong quantitative skills and understanding of capital markets products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with commercial business insight. Able to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels of seniority and across all functions within an organization.
- Able to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation and efficient execution.
- Enjoys analyzing, evaluating and forming independent judgments, and challenging the status quo for better outcomes.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.