Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Content Strategy team at Coinbase works to educate and inspire current and future customers about the benefits of crypto and current and future employees about Coinbase values. Our educational multimedia content lives inside and outside of the product and supports Retail, Institutional, and Parent Co brand and acquisition efforts.
Coinbase’s Senior Content Strategist, Institutional will partner closely with Institutional Product Marketing Manager (PMM) and Communications teams to write and produce high impact, content-led marketing activities that amplify and reinforce the intelligence and relevance of our institutional brand, and bolster growth across a variety of institutional client segments. This person will support generation of thought leadership, case studies, and other market commentary that can be used to drive awareness and the value props of our institutional offerings across many channels.
The ideal candidate brings deep knowledge of writing about financial services products, instruments and asset classes, and a high-level understanding of cryptocurrency. Additionally, this person shows a thirst for insights about the institutional client, attention to detail, and flawless execution capabilities. As it relates to the craft, this candidate demonstrates analytical rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a driving curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-paced world.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help drive our narrative and raise our institutional profile by writing by-line articles, advertorial or sponsored content, blog posts, client case studies, whitepapers, and market commentary, among other content products.
- Work with institutional research and data teams to transform insights and market analysis into thought leadership pieces for our clients and prospects.
- Create and manage content for institutional events that aligns to institutional business and Parent Company brand priorities.
- Support content for institutional landing pages and other marketing channels.
- Collaborate closely with the institutional marketing and comms teams to schedule, amplify, and cross-promote institutional content programs.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Expertise in financial content marketing. You have proven experience creating content about products, financial instruments, and asset classes across financial services relevant to institutional investors, financial institutions, family offices, funds, and VCs.
- Good judgement. Coinbase is operating in a highly-regulated and rapidly-evolving global space. Everything we publish has the potential to significantly affect people’s lives (and wealth). You recognize and respect that responsibility.
- Initiative and collaboration. We’re at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way is essential to everyone’s success.
- Self-starter with a flexible mentality. In shades of gray, you are comfortable devising an informed point of view. You don’t need firm guidelines in place in order to get started. In fact, you are happy to put something down that everyone can work from.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We’re a culture of learners and we encourage a humble approach.
- Relentless drive for accuracy. We care about what we say and how we say it.
Nice to haves:
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
- A passion for writing and editing. Grammar checks and second opinions are encouraged.
- A passion for (or at least a familiarity with) crypto or Fintech.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.