Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital currency into the financial mainstream. We are building a world-class Policy team to lead Coinbase’s engagement, advocacy, and outreach efforts with policymakers around the world. In this role, you will be one of the first members of the Policy team, at a company where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm. You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be on the leading edge of policy development, with an immediate and critical impact in crafting Coinbase’s federal strategy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and advocate Coinbase’s policy work with key policy making audiences at regulatory agencies (e.g., SEC, CFTC, Treasury, DOJ, CFPB, OCC)
- Support Coinbase’s policy work with strategic advice, policy and legal analysis, external relationship management, and thought leadership
- Monitor, identify, and analyze the public policy discussion and regulatory trends surrounding digital assets; identify implications for Coinbase and its products/services, develop proactive advocacy and policy strategies
- Directly engage with policymakers at relevant agencies to find opportunities for Coinbase to counsel on public policy debates
- Development of talking points and position papers for public presentations or closed-door policy briefings
- Articulate our policy positions in comment letters and consultation responses
- Operate in a fast paced, demanding environment and pivot quickly to reflect the company’s priorities
- Collaborate fluidly with fellow team members to build the Policy team, and cross-functionally to deliver critical policy outcomes
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree, with a law degree, masters in business administration, or public policy masters preferred.
- A strong interest in digital currency and blockchain technology
- High-EQ and a passion for acting like an owner
- Should be creative and invested in developing novel approaches to policy challenges.
- The ideal candidate for this role has significant experience analyzing regulations and authorizing legislation. They should also have strong skills in drafting succinct analyses for internal audiences, and persuasive public submissions regulators.
- Experience at multiple federal agencies is a plus
- Ability to provide and articulate thought leadership