Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Manager, Localization (CX KM)
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Localization supports all localization efforts across the company to ensure that customers in every region are given the best customer experience. We are looking for a talented, solutions-focused Program Manager to join our remote team to support internal and external localization strategy and program build out.
What you'll be doing (i.e. job duties)
- Build processes at scale for teams to run steady state with localization
- Find opportunities to optimize localization and internationalization tooling and mitigate inefficiencies to help grow our international customer base across Product and CX
- Support the localization strategy by experimenting with and scaling new and innovative solutions that leverage different translation approaches such as machine translation.
- Collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, and Design (PED) teams to improve internationalization pipelines and processes
- Independently scope technical requirements, effectively manage, and appropriately prioritize localization tooling development efforts
- Define, gather, and analyze key success metrics that measure the value and success of your programs
- Advise and educate product and customer experience teams on localization and internationalization best practices, requirements, and methodologies.
- Working closely with product managers, operations managers, and other key stakeholders to localize product copy, CX content, and internal documentation
- Work directly with our localization go to market program manager to ensure that new country launches are sustained with scalable localization processes
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements)
- 5+ years in localization program management and knowledge of localization tools and products
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience with scaled localization programs across various regions and locales
- Experience working with localization vendors and ability to create translation models using technologies like machine translation
- Strong analytical skills, with a data driven decision making approach to crafting strategies
- Extreme enthusiasm for customer experience and the associated localizing of that experience
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong teammate that works well in a remote environment and with multiple functions across the organization
- Self-starter that is capable of independently pushing projects to completion
Nice to haves
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
- Experience working with both product and support teams
- Strongly preferred: understanding of the cryptocurrency or blockchain landscape
- Smartling or TMS equivalent experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.