Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work closely with our internal government relations team, our external lobbying firm and our communications firm to develop strategic narratives around our corporate story, the crypto space as a whole and specific issues as they are identified; develop strategy to advance these narratives with a policy and regulatory audience
- Establish relationships with relevant policy reporters, columnists and DC influencers
- Support Coinbase’s government relations strategy through impactful content and press and influencer coverage
- Create an integrated comms strategy that supports all facets of our government relations plan, including, but not limited to: congressional/agency engagement, issues management, lobbying efforts and overall industry education.
- Develop and place stories / content that supports our government relations initiatives
- In collaboration with other teams, develop a set of issue papers/one pagers for use with press, influencers and others
- Drive measurable qualitative and quantitative impact on the perception of Coinbase and the crypto ecosystem within the Beltway and throughout statehouses across the country
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years of communications or related experience
- Experience in public policy, public affairs, crisis communications and issues management
- Fluency in discussing financial markets and/or the technology industry through a regulatory lens, with a strong interest in gaining fluency in crypto
- Worked collaboratively with cross-functional groups including Legal, Public Policy, Marketing, and Research
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills with an ability to translate complex topics into smart content for a broad audience; demonstrative experience distilling complex policy or technology concepts into plain language;
- Ability and interest in leveraging multiple formats including mainstream media, blog posts, Twitter, podcasts, Clubhouse and more to deliver a message
- Strong intellect, a broad perspective, and the confidence to interact with a wide-range of topic experts within finance, tech and crypto.
- Alignment with Coinbase values (clear communication, efficient execution, continuous learning, and positive energy). Humble, flexible, eager to learn.
- Experience managing cross-functional stakeholder relations in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
Nice to haves:
- Fluency and following in crypto
- Prior experience representing a technology leader to policy/regulatory audiences