Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead a team that partners with business leaders to drive market insights and competitive intelligence, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic initiatives.
- Deliver recommendations to senior team members that shape company and product strategy by coordinating market research and synthesizing findings.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end M&A process, including identifying the highest priority areas for Coinbase to pursue M&A, sourcing opportunities, overseeing market and financial due diligence, and coordinating a team carrying out all aspects of due diligence.
- Develop unique perspectives on key competitors, assess Coinbase’s relative strengths and weaknesses, and communicate the implications for Coinbase.
- Cultivate relationships with senior executives across Coinbase and across the crypto ecosystem with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments.
- Train and mentor other members of the Corporate Development team and invest in enhancing existing processes, and recruiting and developing new team members.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years experience at a top-tier company with direct deal experience. Examples include: corporate development, private equity / venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, or strategic finance.
- Experience leading deal-related teams and highly cross-functional processes, with a knack for delivering tangible results.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, and communication skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
- Passion for understanding new technology and desire to contribute to team initiatives.
- BA/BS degree.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on crypto.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a fast-changing environment.
- MBA or advanced degree.