Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Background Analyst will work directly with the Associate Background Manager to maintain the integrity, security, and accuracy of Coinbase’s Background Check program while making sure our candidates receive the best experience possible.
Professionalism and confidentiality are critical to success. Besides ensuring the completion of all background checks globally, the Background Analyst will assist with program design, documentation, various administrative duties, educating partners, and improving the candidate experience.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Initiate background checks for candidates and existing employees
- Manage ticket queue in background vendor portal
- Monitor checks in progress to ensure progression to completion
- Escalating backgrounds to management when required
- Work closely with background vendor(s) to remediate any issues
- Reach out to Recruiters to obtain additional information when needed
- Partner with Legal/Compliance to ensure best practices
- Maintain procedures and process documentation
- Respond to candidate questions
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in background checks or associated field
- Experience with background check systems (Checkr)
- Strong Google Suite skills (Microsoft Office ok)
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated maturity and sound judgement
- Successful project management experience
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy
- Self-disciplined and capable of completing projects with minimal supervision
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Jira Software
- Experience with HCM Software (Workday)
- Experience with ATS Software (Greenhouse)