Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
System design and analysis
1) Analyzes/defines the functional safety requirements within the project based on the customer requirements. Understands/analyzes the requirements from the end user perspective while considering constraints and safety standards as the main objective
2) Carries out the design analysis to support the development of safety case arguments for electronic stability controller
3) Creates/analyzes system design using available modeling tools to meet requirements
4) Supports integration of safety activities in the project
5) Creates/updates the hazard and risk analyses, safety plan, functional and technical safety concept
6) Specifies safety requirements and safety concepts for system/components
7) Supports the definition/specification of safety requirements for hardware and software architectures
8) Judge if system design/architecture can fulfill requirements, considering hardware-software components, interfaces, functional and environmental dependencies, using basic understanding of computer/vehicle networks, hardware and software design
9) Demonstrates how the chosen technical concept will comply with functional safety requirements
10) Collaborates with the design team in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level in compliance with ISO26262 and Bosch process
11) Contributes in the product development process, by creating the appropriate work products that meet the requirements of the relevant functional safety standards
12) Leads/supports Safety Assessment Reviews held by safety assessor
13) Leads/performs safety analysis using standard deductive (FMEA, FMEDA...) and inductive (H&R, FTA) methods, the outcomes of these analyses will informed to the system design/architecture responsible
14) Supports the safety verification & validation activities
15) Leads/participates customer safety review meetings
16) Negotiates with customer on acceptable solutions where functional safety gaps exist
17) Tracks and documents necessary safety activities within a project as planned and establishes evidence of FuSa documents
18) Advises and trains developers and project managers on the needs of developed or existing system design, safety standards, methods and process.
: Up to 10% (Domestic and International)
Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
3+ years of academic or professional experience with system engineering
1+ years of professional experience with system or functional safety (any of the following ISO26262, DO178c, IEC 61508, STAMP, MIL-STD-882)
Minimum 3 years combined experience with system/functional safety and/or automotive system development
Degree discipline in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related degree
Knowledge of electronic stability control technologies and functions as well as vehicle electrical architecture
Experience with agile methods, DOORS, IQ-RM Pro
Experience with embedded software development for safety critical automotive systems
Good communication skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customers
Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications.
Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.