The Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) engineering team designs, builds and maintains the foundational infrastructure of Bloomberg's award-winning enterprise Order Management System (OMS) products: TOMS (sell-side) and AIM (buy-side). We design and develop highly-available, scalable software that supports cross-asset financial trading to some of the largest global financial institutions in the world.
Enterprise Services is a mission critical data services platform that allows frameworks such as Transaction Management System (TMS) to store and manage the lifecycle of business entities in a consistent manner, providing transparency and traceability across a firm's trading enterprise. We view TMS to be the fully automated cloud-agnostic common data platform for Enterprise Products catering to our OLTP and client OLAP/ML needs.
Adhering to Domain Driven Design, we work with partner Product and ENG teams to develop Enterprise Domains for their business areas. Our architecture goals include scalability, flexibility, modularity, transparency and simplicity. Our work includes building asynchronous messaging pipelines, designing microservices hosted in Cloud Platforms to apply business logic, and integration with modern open-source technologies.
As a Software Engineer you will lead projects and contribute to our Java based core data platform. You will get exposure to Spring, Camel, Hibernate, and other similar frameworks to implement event driven architecture using the server side and message oriented middleware like RabbitMQ/Kafka. You will also have an opportunity to design and develop our self-service React-based portal where clients can manage their Enterprise Domains. The team operates in an agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team's time-to-market objectives. Our culture puts an emphasis on applying industry standard practices and tools to bear on the challenges we face, and we embrace open source technologies wherever appropriate.
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work full-stack, with experience in both server-side and client-side development
- Working knowledge of Java, Python, React a plus
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience developing cloud compatible architectures and technologies
- Experience with open-source middleware like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience with Agile development
- 4+ years of experience in Java, or any other object-oriented programming language
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.