Who we are:
Global People Services (GPS) provides easy, efficient solutions to our customer needs that both recognize and care about our customers and their experience, and solve problems in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. From on-boarding new hires into the company to coordinating global mobility and working closely with external vendors, our aim is simple: to provide a seamless, platinum level of support to our colleagues and businesses. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other. We work fast, in partnership with other HR partners to support Bloomberg’s 20,000 employees collectively in more than 150 locations day in and day out.
We're the calm voices and cool heads in a rapidly changing environment but we understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. We build relationships; connecting with all employees, including business leaders, in a meaningful way - communicating knowledgeably, clearly and correctly. We pride ourselves by owning our processes and resolving our customers’ problems by being able to understand and pre-empt as well as deliver personal value and assistance. We leverage technology, self-service options and process efficiency to provide these services in a cost-effective and scalable way.
GPS is an exciting next step for somebody who excels at problem solving and process management, has strong networking skills, and who enjoys working directly with people across a range of backgrounds. A real passion for technology and the ability to build a strong internal network within Bloomberg is essential to be successful. You'll never stop learning...we'll invest in your career, and coupled with our unique approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities.Who you are:
You are results orientated with high standards but you have the innate ability to inspire passion in others and get results through your teams. You’re enthusiastic to new ideas, welcome innovation and are solution-led, always basing changes and improvement on a better customer experience exemplified through data. You thrive in a dynamic, complex culture and are used to setting operational standards and directing a team to meet them.What's the role?
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager with an acute eye for detail to join our Global People Services team based in New York. You'll lead the team who handles our training, documentation and quality control including implementing and executing governance procedures to ensure documentation is up to date. You know what it takes to make us outstanding in providing customer service but also ensure we adhere the appropriate levels of compliance and integrity.
This position will report to the Global Head of GPS and interact regularly with cross-functional leaders across the globe as well as vendors and third-party providers. You'll be frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought. You’re a confident speaker with the ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.We'll trust you to:
You’ll need to have:
- Liaise with HR centers of excellence to lead and implement training on new programs and policies as needed
- Understand processes end to end and represent GPS in communicating and coordinating configuration changes to improve workflow
- Own testing configuration for GPS and partner with the HR Technology team to ensure resources are planned accordingly
- Be accountable for measuring and monitoring global performance including using data, tracking and analyzing service delivery metrics such as quality assurance, and workflow management
- Create solutions to reduce contacts through process improvement and root cause analysis
- See opportunity to enhance and improve the service proposition and work with management and other teams to implement appropriate changes
- Collaborate with regional teams to ensure global consistency across all processes, identifying trends and implementing changes where needed
- Set the strategy, plan, execute and conduct audits of all global processes to ensure compliance with key controls and lead remediation efforts as needed
- Monitor assigned audits to ensure adherence and compliance with controls local legislation
- Respond to inquiries, critical issues, and establish partnerships with key internal business areas
- Liaise with systems owners to implement changes to Workday as needed
- Be responsible for small to mid-size implementation of technology solutions to drive process improvement
- Develop and coach your team to build strong and positive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Be empowered to innovate and challenge traditional thinking on how to best tackle client issues
- Think strategically, but stay on top of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
We’d love to see:
- 10+ years of experience in HR operations, ideally at a major global company
- Current knowledge of current HR protocols, regulation and standards
- Experience building and maintaining process documentation and optimizing business processes
- Experience collaborating with teams in different regions - understanding regional needs and nuances
- Experience with controls auditing and remediation
- Demonstrable track record of delivering process optimization in a shared services environment
- Experience leading with data analysis to make decisions on process or system changes
- Team leadership experience working in a dynamic fast-paced support environment
- Strong communication skills especially as it relates to supporting ongoing HR transformation effort
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, follow-through on both verbal and written instructions, and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
Does this sound like you?
- Change management experience as part of a large scale HR transformation
- Workday experience with Business Process Configuration and reporting writing
- Working knowledge of Qliksense
- Advanced Excel Skills
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.