Bloomberg absorbs billions of data points from hundreds of financial markets every day. Our developers build applications that fuel the markets by providing intelligent analytics and transparency into these markets. Our customers rely on us to understand markets and analyze complex structures which allow them to make smart investment decisions.
Our enterprise product BVAL is the gold standard for pricing. It generates end-of-day prices for about 3 million fixed income securities and curves. Our suite of applications also includes high-precision pricing algorithms, liquidity hubs for storing and retrieving pricing information, and big data analytics. As the Fixed Income markets feel the need for more continuous pricing, we are working on making our systems more distributed, highly available and continuous. We like to roll up our sleeves, collaborate seamlessly and deliver solutions to clients across all industries.
As a member of this team, you'll be joining during exciting times as we architect, design and engineer a distributed streaming pipeline to process billions of market data events each day while producing accurate and repeatable pricing.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance.
- Be thoughtful in testing and making sure robust systems are being developed from the ground up.
- Enjoy solving complex distributed systems problems such as handling late/delayed messages, producing deterministic results, and understanding the delivery semantics of applications.
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Partner with multiple teams within and outside BVAL including a team of market experts and a team of quantitative developers. You should be able to explain technical concepts in a non-technical way and be adept at managing expectations of your product teams
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of software development experience in Java or Scala
- Expertise in building high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience with Kafka, Apache Flink or other stream processing frameworks
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see one or more of:
- Experience with containers and container orchestrators like Kubernetes in the cloud
- CI/CD using Jenkins
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.