At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. Bloomberg runs on data.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
ESG Data Engineers build solutions that impact a critical expanding business through automation and innovation. The role will enhance and optimize the acquisition, data processing and automation capabilities of ESG through open source, third party and proprietary technology. Our focus is on data engineering and how data is acquired, processed, validated and stored. We’re constantly innovating to create better, more efficient systems to handle the huge variety of data we acquire and deliver to our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply your coding skills, by developing end-to-end solutions using a combination of open source, third party and internal tools. You will build, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot issues across critical and time-sensitive ETL pipelines
- Inspire and impact our business through collaboration with our ESG Business and Technology teams to influence and implement more efficient products. Apply problem-solving skills to create flexible and innovative solutions
- Develop your career by sharpening your technical skills and strengthening relationships in technology and project management, while partnering with stakeholders across the firm, and establishing scalable solutions
- Champion improvements by not accepting the status quo, and identifying strategic technical gaps in our ecosystem and advocate for solutions over workarounds
- Grow our business by approaching each day knowing this role is mission-critical to ESG and to the success of the firm. We will rely on your expertise, and working closely with our business partners to drive change
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- 2+ years of Python programming and scripting in a production environment
- 2+ years of experience working with databases either SQL or NoSQL
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other