Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages.
This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners' needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That's why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
We are looking for a Working Student for our People and Organization Department in Berlin!
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons in 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
As a Working Student, your mission will be to support the People & Organization Central Operations team in their daily tasks and processes and provide high-quality services for our employees. You will gain insights into different areas and processes in the team such as L&D, Internal comms, Employer Branding, Culture and DE&I.
- Support the team with the day-to-day business tasks on various topics such as:
- Academy: training administration and participation documentation
- Newbies: communication and onboarding coordination
- Benefits administration
- Support (cultural) events planning & organisation
- Keeping our internal P&O presence up to date
- Assist in the design of internal training programs (e.g., self-study learning paths, workshops and peer-exchanges)
- Analysing our data points and derive recommendations
- Solve existing challenges such as process automation and evolve with us
- Enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in HR
- Highly proactive and with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Motivated to familiarize with unknown topics and to continuously learn
- Well structured, organised and creative
- Available at least 16h/week for a minimum six months working student position
Nice to have
- A strong interest towards People & Organization topics
- An engaging personality and natural ability to connect and interact with people
- Basic experience with GSuite (e.g. Forms, Sheets, Docs)
- Excellent communication skills in English and an interest in learning foreign languages
- Basic practical knowledge in related HR fields
- High intercultural awareness and engagement to collaborate across diverse teams
- Proficiency in foreign languages
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 65 different nationalities.
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin.
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!