Babbel is driven by a mission:
Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) who will define and design the appearance and behaviour of the future of digital language learning.
As a Product Designer at Babbel you will drive our interaction design vision. While working with didactics experts and Product teams you will bring learning concepts to life through personas, scenarios, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes, iterating toward confidence-building language learning experiences.
Reporting into one of our Product Design Leads, you will be
- Leading design projects end-to-end, ensuring learner needs and business outcomes are met
- Managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Defining user models and user interfaces for new and existing Babbel products and features
- Creating high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Providing teams with the methods, process and solutions needed to execute strategy. You’ll drive progress through obstacles by building consensus and making decisions.
- Setting up ideation sessions to brainstorm initial design concepts, guiding the group to come up with multiple solutions and prototypes
- Continuously improving design processes, knowledge sharing and tools to measurably enhance productivity and product quality
- Ensuring that implementation quality meets design requirements
- Collaborate with the research teams to uncover learners’ perspectives and our competition to generate solutions
- A talented designer who has shipped excellent consumer-focused products
- You’re a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator with a people-focused mentality.
- Able to tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for millions of people around the world
- You enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching concepts to polishing interfaces.
Nice to have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a Design/UX-related field or equivalent practical experience
- Several years of interaction design experience in a consumer-focused, high performance organization
- Experience in leading design projects, art direction, conducting design reviews and mentoring/coaching junior team members
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Expertise using industry-leading design and prototyping software
- Extensive experience in designing and shipping for Android, iOS and web
- Good prioritisation and time-management skills and experience working in scrum set-up
- Experience producing visual and/or interaction guidelines