Babbel is driven by a mission:
Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business use languages in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. The key is a blend of humanity and technology. More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 150+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a People Operations Manager for our team in Berlin!
As a People Operations Manager, your mission will be to work in partnership with managers and their teams, with individual employees, and with externals to provide services that ensure a smooth employee experience. The People Operations Manager will be a continuous empathetic touchpoint for individual employees along their work at Babbel.
- Prepare the monthly payroll by providing relevant data and ensuring accurate and timely delivery of payroll, including resolving complaints, questions and discrepancies
- Communicate with external payroll consultants, social security agencies and health insurance companies
- Ensure that P&O records contractual changes and other people related documentation for employees are processed and recorded
- Support the creation and implementation of P&O policies and processes
- Support and guide junior level colleagues if needed
- A trustworthy communicator with excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Competent and reliable contact for all employees with regard to wage tax and social security questions
- Able to express yourself clearly in English and German
- Able to prioritise well between tasks to meet deadlines on time to deliver
Nice to have:
- Apprenticeship or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or similar field
- Solid relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably in a high-growth startup environment
- Strong affinity for numbers and an eye for detail
- Very good Business German and English skills, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of MS Office and first hands on experience with HRM systems
- Experience in using BambooHR, JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of any additional languages
- a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- a challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- a lively startup atmosphere with flexible working hours
- a vibrant international company with people from over 60 different nationalities
- International working environment characterized by flat hierarchies, a great company spirit and an open feedback culture
- great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our tech blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!