Babbel is driven by a mission: Everyone. Learning. Languages.
This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners' needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That's why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
We are now looking for a Junior Financial Accountant to join our Accounts Receivable team!
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
Our accounting team is located in Berlin. We are eleven people at the moment, thereof four people in the accounts payable team. We take care of the financial accounting for all of the Babbel group entities. Because the German GAAP (HGB) includes a lot of technical terms in German language, we communicate in German within our team. With our stakeholders within the company, we communicate in English, because this is Babbel's internal language.
- A successfully completed commercial education. A degree as an accountant (in German "Finanzbuchhalter") or tax specialist (germ. "Steuerfachangestellter") is a plus.
- First relevant work experience in a financial accounting role (HGB).
- Experience with ERP software (SAGE X3 or others) and good MS Excel skills.
- Business fluent in German and English at least B1 level (verbally and in writing).
- A communicative, self-reliant and a well structured working method when it comes to delivering results timely.
- Support our accounting team until September 2022 (limited contract).
- Support during the preparation of timely and accurate monthly financial statements.
- Be responsible for the correct and timely posting of bank transactions.
- Write and post outgoing invoices in the system - especially for our B2B business.
- Be responsible for our dunning process together with our Accounts Receivables team.
- Be responsible for administrative tasks in the area of our cash flows.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with 750 people from over 60 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page and our blog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!