Babbel is driven by a mission:
Everyone. Learning. Languages. This means building products that help people connect and communicate across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Travel and Babbel for Business focus on using a new language in the real world, in real situations, with real people. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove that it gets users talking with confidence.
The key is a blend of humanity and technology. A team of linguistic experts hand-craft each of our courses, to provide content that is constantly adapted to our learners’ needs. Interactive content with videos and podcasts makes understanding a new language easy, because Babbel is for everyone. That’s why our team is as diverse as our content. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 60 nationalities represent the backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives that make all humans unique. Making a true connection with millions of paid subscribers across the globe is what makes Babbel the most profitable language learning app worldwide.
Babbel in Numbers:
- The #1 top-grossing language learning app globally
- Millions of active paying subscribers
- More than 60,000 lessons 14 languages hand-crafted by 150+ linguists
- More than 10,000 hours of learning content
- Over 70 learning podcast episodes and over 50 hours of video learning content
We are looking for an HR Business Partner in our People & Organization team in Berlin!
As an HR Business Partner, you will partner closely with the Babbel teams and especially our cross-functional Revenue Organization (Marketing, B2B, PR, Legal & Finance) covering all areas of People & Organization (HR).
- Act as a link and first point of contact between departments and People & Organization and pick up on culture and work-life related currents
- Translate these currents into pragmatic concepts and practical solutions, keeping the organizational strategy and Babbel culture in mind
- Build a trusting partnership with all stakeholders in Babbel
- Drive development and implementation of departmental and organizational projects with impact on the daily work life and employee life-cycle at Babbel
- Drive change management projects that will ensure the delivery of our company strategy (e.g. team setup, organisational design)
- Interpret strategic plans into operational processes and drive implementation together with all the teams in P&O (HR)
- Identify development needs and drive their fulfilment together with the different teams in P&O (HR)
- Support teams and line managers in facilitation and moderation as well as workshops on different topics (e.g. feedback, leadership skills)
- Partner up with our Works Council on organisational topics in finding the best solutions for our employees
- Valuable experience in a similar position (HR Manager or Business Partner)
- Experience in managing different levels of stakeholders (experience with Commercial or Brand areas is a plus)
- Experience in fast-growing companies
- Proven generalistic knowledge of all HR-related topics and processes combined with experience in change management and coaching
- Legal background / experience (beneficial)
- Experience in working with a Works Council
- Excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and team orientation
- Strong solution-oriented thinking combined with conceptual and strategic abilities
- Ability to decide fast in a changing environment
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 60 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy)
Sounds good? We are looking forward to hearing from you!