You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Commercial and Consumer Underwriting is one of the business units within Global Commercial Credit. This Underwriting team mission is to enable profitable spend while controlling risk for American Express.
The Underwriting Coordinator is responsible for effectively managing the customer journey through the commercial and consumer underwriting process
- Act in a consultative manner with internal and external American Express customers to guide the customer through the underwriting process and obtain the necessary financial information
- Responsible for communicating the outcome of the underwriting decision and providing options to the client as needed
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and thoroughness in collecting information and the financial documents for the Underwriting process
- Ensure quality, regulatory requirements and compliance is embedded in all processes
- 1+ year work experience
- Highly consultative, self-motivated individual
- Preferably 2+ more years of customer service experience in a financial services or call center environment
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems while simultaneously interacting with the customer
- Proficient in multitasking and efficiently juggling between varying account types and work streams
- A strong will-to-win and the ability to thrive in a metric oriented environment
- Exercise sound judgment and resolve complex issues for our customers in an ambiguous environment
- Strong communication skills are necessary to be able to deliver difficult messages to customers and clients while cultivating great working relationships
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Intermediate user of MS Office suite
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.