Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Provide overall management of the Jersey treasury desk:
Provide overall management of the accounts payable function:
- Line management (and cover) for one Treasury Analyst
- Overall responsibility for the cash management, trading requirements and funding activities of the American Express entities administered from Jersey, including oversight of the daily cash management and forecast process
- Acting as an authorized signatory for bank accounts and legal entities
- Monitor, action and approve funding requests from American Express entities worldwide, ensuring funds are transferred or converted within agreed timeframes and currency funding requirements are fulfilled without creating FX exposures within the group
- Preparing and/or approving FX spot and swap trade instructions, identifying and clearing on a daily basis foreign currency exposures
- Oversight, reconciliation and maintenance of intercompany lending facilities, including monthly intercompany cash settlements of interest payments
- Oversight, reconciliation and maintenance of intercompany deferred payment facilities
- Provide leadership representation of JTO with international banks, tax authorities, external auditors etc
- Support any ongoings queries with bank and stakeholders, ensuring enhanced reporting requirements and analysis requests are fulfilled as required in a timely and efficient manner
Act as primary representative for the Sale of Receivables (“SOR”) program for Jersey Treasury Operations (“JTO”):
- Approval of timely payments to vendors and third-party service providers, ensuring compliance with the internal control environment at all times and ensuring support is provided to the controllership accounting team in all instances
Assist the Senior Treasury Manager with the maintenance of a robust compliance and control environment of the Jersey Treasury Operations:
- Overseeing the calculation of monthly discount calculations, including cost of fund calculations, interest expense calculations, credit reserve adjustments and maintenance of the deferred payment facilities
- Ensure fulfillment of monthly SOR settlements, preparation and execution of legal SOR contracts
Provide project and leadership support that will include:
- Support for JTO Business Continuity plan maintenance, ensuring adequate support to the Senior FX Manager for contingency planning/training for all critical functions
- Overseeing fulfillment of quarterly SOX and Operational internal control testing and reporting
- Representing JTO in projects associated with legal entity restructuring, international funding, cash infusions, Sale of Receivables
- Supporting project administration for all system development-based projects impacting JTO
- Providing support for the daily approval of the critical FX rate setting and exposure management processes
- Providing technical, accounting, infrastructure and analytical support as required
- In the event of formal appointment to the board of directors of Amex legal entities, attending board meetings, signing legal documents, and assisting with corporate governance responsibilities
- Providing cover for the Managing Director, Senior FX Manager and FX Manager as required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To be successful in the role you will be:
- Significantly experienced in international Treasury activities. In addition, experience in financial controllership or accounting would be preferable
- A highly motivated self-starter who can take the lead in identifying and resolving issues, and in developing solutions
- Highly numerate and focused, with the ability to provide a robust and reliable treasury service on a daily basis
- Able to influence others and work effectively on geographically dispersed teams
- Proven in your ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and be able to deliver results
- An excellent communicator with both strong written and oral skills
- Highly organised with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, with expertise in complex formulas and Visual Basic an advantage
- A degree, professional qualification or equivalent in finance, accounting or treasury would be preferable but not essential
We are only able to consider candidates who have legal residency and eligibility to work in Jersey, Channel Islands
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .