You lead the way. We’ve got your back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Get a first-class start to your travel career.
If you have a flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive paid training and coaching program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a key player in the travel industry?
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you’ve completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day:
What you need to thrive
- You will delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable experiences
- As a consultant, you will refine your knowledge of customer needs by asking personalized fact-finding questions to deliver an innovative and extraordinary service through multi-channel servicing designed to meet customers unique requirements
- You will receive in-depth training to enable you to be a travel expert and you will know where to look to find the information you need to assist travelers with their changing travel plans such as trip cancellations, re-bookings, and exchanges. Troubleshooting any customer issues relating to the use of the travel website and expertly guiding customers whilst they navigate around the site
- You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- You will use your in-depth knowledge to help Card Members access their exclusive benefits, including how to make the most of their Membership Reward points.
- You take your understanding of new and existing product offerings, value proposition and relevance to the Card Member, to curate your recommendation
- At times, you will need to de-escalate a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the Membership First mindset and winning their loyalty
Work at Home Requirements:
- Proven ability to provide premium customer service, ideally in a Call Center environment.
- Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierges/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles. Travel reservation experience is a plus.
- A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to fluently speak and write in English.
- Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
- Sufficient geography knowledge
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly evolving circumstances
- A problem solver, you’ll be able to effectively explore Card Member issues and offer the best creative solutions with a view to resolving on the first contact
- A mathematical mind with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
- High level of integrity to work with customer information and treat it sensitively
- Ability to collaborate in person with all colleagues of all levels
- Ability to thrive in a metric driven and team-based environment, with a healthy drive to meet and exceed goals
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
Work at Home is only temporary and as soon as it is safe, you will be asked to report to the office site in Bonifacio Global City.
Why American Express?
- Attractive base pay
- Competitive performance-based bonus
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free HMO coverage from day 1 for the employee and eligible dependents
- Retirement Fund
- Career development including training and career growth
- Generous maternity/paternity paid leave
- Private mother’s room*
- On-site gym*
- Yoga/Dance studio*
- Rest & Relaxation rooms (game room, library, karaoke, movie, and lounge)*
- On-site clinic*
*Available once the office is re-opened
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.