You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Here at Travel and Lifestyle Services we bring membership to life every day. This role is part of the team supporting the unique Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) International team. TLS is unique within American Express in offering card members access to American Express’s deep history and expertise in travel and lifestyle experiences as a benefit of carrying a card. Delivering that value is as complex as it is important, and technology is at its centre.
The Team works closely with business partners to develop and build websites and applications that fuel the extraordinary service our customers expect from American Express. With a small group of global teams, we in TLS Online technology like to empower our colleagues to make decisions, learn and innovate. We are now looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic TPM to join our friendly and collaborative UK team.
We have a need for a Technical Project Manager with a detailed familiarity with servicing and customer relationship management. The technical project manager works within technologies to provide the focal point of ownership and delivery of product-oriented capabilities. The role requires a blend of technical aptitude, relationship management skills, and agile project methodology and understanding.
- Primary point of contact for coordination and partnering with Business, Product and Technology colleagues to drive delivery and strategic priorities
- Execute the Program Increment (PI) objectives to support the strategy, vision, and road map
- Work collaboratively across a global team to effectively deliver the teams goals
- Analyse and break down requirements and communicate these clearly to the team for delivery
- Create, manage and future plan the backlog with high quality stories that are up to date and prioritised in line with team objectives
- Drive high-level strategic initiatives through continuous improvement and innovation to customer experiences and team processes
- Pro-actively identify, manage risks, issues and dependencies through the delivery of change
- Finding opportunities to embrace and cultivate innovative technologies and processes
- Conducting pre and post PI planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint and backlog planning, retrospectives and future planning sessions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong communication skills
- Promote compliance with SDLC standards across the team
- You must be able to form and sustain effective working relationships with product owners in a servicing environment, with engineers, quality engineers and peer technical project managers
- You have one or both of an expertise in a highly relevant product domain or a sufficiently developed technical aptitude to drive the resolution of issues
- You should have a proven delivery track record working within major programmes of change
- Inspire collaboration and quality practices between system architects, Agile teams, and product teams
- Highly influential. Lead through empowering others, influence, and trust
- Encourage diversity of thought and demonstrate an open mindset
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .