You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
If you’re in the early stages of your engineering career and you’re looking for a new opportunity, working with an enticing array of technology, with experienced engineers who have a passion for growing talent, then we have a great opportunity for you.
Global Loyalty & Benefits are undertaking an exciting transformation and we need talented engineers who are willing to learn, collaborate and innovate, adapting to emerging trends and customer demands. You will be part of a growing team working on an innovative new backend platform which is driving our world-class cardmember experiences and enabling experiences of the future.
We are on the lookout for people who have the talent and desire to learn new technologies and be part of the core that is powering our customer experiences.
- Working within an agile team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand
- Expectation to learn golang and be able to contribute in Go, becoming increasingly self-reliant to deliver working software to meet product needs
- Contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on the demand projections
- Partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Up to 4 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or relevant experience
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Experience of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience of build, release, and version control tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gitlab CI
- Experience of object-oriented design and coding with a preference to backend coding languages such as Java, Kotlin, C#, Python etc
- Knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Exposure to other tooling such as message brokering (e.g. Kafka,), container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), etc
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external Business partners
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com