You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
We’ve built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to shape the products of the future. If that fits your career vision, look no further.
Want to help drive the future of Money Movement at American Express?
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but also how that technology enables our people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
The Enterprise Money Movement team is seeking a Product Manager for our Enterprise Money Movement division. Enterprise Money Movement (EMM) is one of four enterprise teams in American Express where product and engineering share the goal of delivering customer value with each iteration of a product’s roadmap and increasing the speed to market through strategic automation and modernization.
EMM is focused on customer-centred, omnichannel, real-time, intelligent, unlocked, and global money movement which supports use cases across the company. EMM create capabilities which facilitate the movement of money across the global Amex network. including payment instrument validation, payment orchestration, intelligent routing, and clearing and settling with our network of banks all over the world.
- Define product outcomes with clear metrics and targets for the product segment, in line with the high-level product portfolio vision and strategy and company, organizational outcomes
- Understand and apply new trends and market standard methodologies into product roadmap and requirements
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments in crafting the product roadmap which delivers customer value and makes appropriate trade-offs with schedule and capacity usage
- Lead Product associate to translate product roadmap into a product backlog of well-defined epics and features with appropriate acceptance criteria
- Feature and User story creation and management
- Facilitate teamwork and alignment between teams including engagement, design, analytics, engineering
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience in Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Strategic, big picture thinking with strong business acumen and high degree of creativity in identifying opportunities for products, services, new processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment at all levels without authority
- Demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business
- Know and execute Agile best practices and emerging trends for collaboration in a fast-paced product development environment
- Proven relationship-builder with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with business leaders and our own organization in order to devise solutions to complex business challenges
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Adept at forming thoughtful and considered perspectives, supported by both objective fact and strategic
- Proven track record managing large, complex products with multiple partners
- Ability to engage and influence technical and non-technical teams in a global organization
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial services industry, banking industry, money movement
What is it about you?
- You are ambitious and a go-getter to make things happen
- You’re a compelling storyteller and brilliant in articulation
- You make decisions with imperfect information
- You solve complex problems with proof points
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure
- You’re excellent at understanding and balancing competing priorities
- You’re able to juggle and manage diverse personalities in a dynamic environment
- You can build trust with and inspire the teams
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.