Senior Manager, Training - GS&C Training and Enablement Team
Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS) has relationships with millions of merchant businesses, in more than 25 countries, and delivers over $200B in spend. The people, processes and technology that support this vital function are evolving to improve the merchant experience and economics. The GMNS Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants to not only accept American Express, but openly welcome and recommend us to their customers.
Within GS&C, the Training & Enablement team is responsible for understanding key business and stakeholder priorities, and creating innovative and value-add change management, communication, and L&D (learning & development) solutions for the GMS Sales & Client Management organizations. This includes programs to support new hires, core skill development (e.g. effective selling and financial acumen) and other business critical initiatives, all of which lead to empowering the field to manage merchant relationships with impact.
We are transforming the training capability in GS&C and this role provides the opportunity to be part of a transformation journey that will elevate the GMNS Learning & Development capability. The Manager/Senior Manager in this role will have a front seat in helping the team plan our route and helping to navigate the journey.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep understanding of the GMNS organization, develop and refine training strategies and specific learning experience solutions, innovate on new ways of working, all while gaining exposure to and insight from GMNS leadership.
- Understand how colleague skill development drives enhanced performance and results for key business priorities; develop and deliver customization of core skills learning experiences to support specific needs.
- With Leadership support, collaborate with and lead internal business partner relationships as a Learning Consultant/Stakeholder Manager to analyze key business priorities and performance gaps and lead the development and delivery of learning and enablement solutions that address gaps and drive the success of the Sales and CLM organizations.
- Develop and deliver high-impact onboarding solutions for New Hires, working with internal partners to provide a comprehensive onboarding for both the learner and his or her leader.
- Develop and deliver high-impact learning experience solutions working collaboratively with global cross-functional teams.
- Develop, implement, and iterate engagement / reinforcement strategies to drive a blended and ongoing learning lifecycle to Sales and CLM organizations.
- Manage external vendor partner relationships to develop quality and deadline-driven work that meets our defined learning objectives
Why American Express
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and track record facilitating presentations & workshops across topics to audiences of varying role/tenure
- Results-driven mindset with ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance priorities
- Leads both operational- and strategy-level white space initiatives with autonomy.
- Proven ability to build relationships across stakeholders & influence without authority on high visibility projects
- Keen attention to detail, high degree of accountability and integrity
- Track record of developing winning strategies and converting them into clear plans for execution
- Experience in strategy, consulting, change management, field enablement or learning & development (preferred)
- Project budget management experience
- Experience leading independent project management
- Experience in relationship/partner management
- Experience successfully managing vendor relationships to deliver high-quality work
- Ability to travel (up to 10%)
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challege and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.